Monday, March 23, 2009

Springfield Stories #3

2 years ago I went to the show and since I didn't really need anything big I drove my little Honda. We are 3 1/2 hours away so I figured I'd save gas money driving it instead of the truck. Of course I found a large step-back cupboard that was too wonderful to pass up and I bought it. The dealer was from Ada, Ohio and he said he would haul it to his house if I couldn't find a way to get it home. I happended to run into some friends at the show that lived in my town and I talked them into seeing if the cupboard would fit in the back of their mini van. Oh my gosh....we spent an hour trying to get the top of the cupboard in the back of the van....and finally without an inch to spare we got the door shut. Then we spent about another hour shoving the bottom of the cupboard into the back of my little Honda. Of course we couldn't shut the back hatch so I used some bunge straps to keep it shut. So we drove home 3 1/2 hours with the back half way open. Needless to say it was a loud trip home with all the traffic and semis on the interstate. The things we do for antiques!

Debbie Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment