Top 10 things to do before this weekend’s Springfield Extravaganza from the home office in Terre Haute, Indiana
10. Check supply of comfortable shoes and clean socks.
9. Stop eating now so you will be hungry for something wonderful from our food vendors.
8. Clean out your house and storage areas to be prepared for the new stuff you are sure to find.
7. Stop all discretionary spending until next Friday.
6. Double check hotel reservations.
5. Convince someone new to come along- always more fun with friends.
4. Concoct a series of plausible explanations as to the origin of new purchases for your family:
“Honey, where on earth did this life sized stuffed giraffe come from?”
3. Call ahead to the authorities and warn them that even though your family will likely be reporting you missing, you’ll simply be at the Springfield Extravaganza longer than anticipated.
2. Stop checking the weather forecast- one word “PERFECT”
1. Prepare to be amazed!