Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Special Thanks to Continental Airlines!

In another post under the "up on my soapbox series", I cannot fail to thank a few people at Continental. While boarding a plane from Cleveland to Manchester, NH last week, I was told I had to check my carry on as the overhead bins were full. Now, never one to pack lightly I was faced with a dilema- our arms were full with baby gear and everything that travelling with a small child requires. I grabbed my laptop out of my bag and reluctantly surrendered my bag with assurances of extreme care. Needless to say I wasn't happy to find that my new Sony DSLR camera was ruined when I unpacked it on arrival. Now, it was in a padded camera bag inside a piece of luggage, so one would think it would be safe. When returning to the airport for the trip home politely offered the "electronics and delicate items are not covered" garbage. I will be contacting their customer service line as "sorry" doesn't cut it on a $750 camera that they insisted go into gate check luggage. Needless to say, not many pictures from the trip which means none for the blog. Please pass this story on to others so others don't make the same mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment