When I started blogging I did promise behind the scenes information from the fascinating world of antiques show management (sarcasm). So here it goes- what is going on a week before the show.
1. Talking with dealers about the last minute details of their booths- tables, paper color, walls, showcases, set-up times, hotel info- etc.
2. Talking with customers about tickets, dealers, hotels-etc.
3. Talking with PR person about media coverage, press releases, TV & Radio
4. Talking with suppliers about staging, set up and tear down.
5. Printing invoices, booth signs, show programs
6. Finalizing ads
7. Hoping customers show up and buy a lot of antiques.
8. Make sure clothes are to the dry cleaners and last minute travel details are taken care of.
I suppose this fascinating look at the exciting world of antique show management might seem overwhelming (sarcasm), but I did promise the blog would offer this. Maybe I can get dealer and customer perspective. Truly fascinating.